View on GitHub

The LoneyBin 5.x

The run-off of my brain, in digital form.

Monday morning lots of stuff had settled to the bottom and the top of the pool was skimmed pretty clear. You could actually see the bottom of the pool through the cloudy brown water.

I started testing the water. The Total Alkalinity of my well water was super high. After 26 drops of the developing solution I stopped adding solution. Knowing that I needed to drop the TA by at least 100. I decided to go about 8oz at a time of acid, pre-dilute in a bucket, shut off the pump, dump the bucket, let it sit for an hour, start the pump.

A friend of mine who works for a pool store in another state suggested a pint (16oz) at a time, once a day, over several days. He told me to expect 3 or 4 days before I start get near the target TA marks. So I did two 8oz dumps yesterday, spaced out by about 10 hours. Did a double pool shock (not at the same time) and did a second treatment of clarifier.

Monday night I did another shock (double shock complete), another pint of clarifier, and the algecide. I had some alge starting to form in a few spots, and I didn’t want to let that get out of hand.